Was the Mexican War a defensive war or a war of aggression? Were Mexicans justified in attacking Americans on the Texas border? Who Started the war? Did we accomplish our goals in the Mexican War? Why did many Americans feel we fell short? Do you share the same sentiments? Explain.
I believe the Mexican War was a defensive war. The United States was pushing itself onto Mexico's land which provoked Mexico to take up a defensive even though it was a failure. Attacking Americans on the Texas border was necessary because the U.S. had broken the agreement and was slowing invading. I believe the United States started the war by stepping into land that was not ours. Americans felt they fell short because they did not get what they wanted when they wanted it. It would take longer to stretch the country like they wanted to. I believe that the United States did not justly acquire much of the land but that seems to be the way they did it in the 1800s, but maybe Mexico should have expected the Unites States' invasion.
ReplyDeleteI think the Mexican War was a defensive war over the land. The Mexicans most definitely had the right to attack America. America was breaking the treaty and pushing their self toward the borderline, which made America the reason the Mexican War was started. The United States did not get as much land as the wanted at the time and I think that’s why a lot of American felt like they fell short. I believe the Mexicans at first trusted America to stay out but they were ready to fight if not, so the Mexicans weren’t completely expecting the invasion but they had way to stop one.
ReplyDeleteThe Mexican War was a defensive war. I believe that it was okay for the Mexicans to attack on the Texas border, because the Americans were invading their space too. The Mexicans almost had to because they were being pressured. The Mexicans were the ones who started the war, but the reason that they did is because the Americans were invading their property. The U.S. did not accomplish everything that they wanted to, but they did end up gaining land that they were hoping to gain, by using the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. The Americans felt like they fell short because they wanted to gain the land faster than they did, but I feel that they could not move any faster, because the Mexicnas were strong opponents.
ReplyDeleteI think the Mexican War was a defensive war on the Mexicans side because I think the U.S. wanted land and the mexican people was not willing to give it up. Yes the Mexicans I think were justified in attacking the U.S. on the border because the Americans wanted more land which the Mexicans were not willing to give up the land. Therefor the Mexicans attacked them when they tried to cross the border. I think the Americans started the war because they wanted the Mexicans land. No, I dont think we did accomplish our goals in the war becasue the Mexicans still had their land. Many Americans felt we fell short because we did not take all the land we wanted to from the Mexicans when ever the U.S. went to take over the land. I do go along with the Mexicans for rebelling against the U.S. because the U.S. tried to just take the land that was the Mexicans instead of trying to come up with a treaty or something of that nature.
ReplyDelete